K and I are currently reading “Tools of Titans” by Tim Ferris, one titan at a time.
Here are some of the notes from the titans we’ve read so far.
- Anytime BJ finds himself telling that he’s making so much money; that’s a warning sign that he doing the wrong thing. Motivation is money and not the project that he is working on.
- Money can always be generated but time cannot be created.
- A trick to book famous people is to tell them that all the proceeds will go to charity. When possible always give money to charity as it allows you to interact with people above your pay grade.
- Get long term goal on the calendar before the short term pain hits.
- Make a commitment in high energy state so that you can’t back out in low energy state.
- BJ has the same coffee every day. He found that brewing his own coffee at home is too unpredictable. (I agree)
- Book recommendation: Daily Ritual
- Stop and enjoy it rather than trying to achieve it all
- The world is changed by your example not by your opinion
- What advice you would give your 30-year-old self: Believe I’m yourself. You are bigger than this. Dream bigger.
- Get out of your head: meditate, exercise
- Ask dumb questions that everyone else is afraid to ask
- Learn how to frame questions
- Stargaze more often.
- Find things that have a disproportionate effect for the effort put in.
- Let it go. Stop pretending that you know where things are going.
- A lot of the things that we do daily is not a natural system but created by humans.
- Change is difficult but good.
- Be there for someone physically in difficult times.
- Sometimes cookies are the best medicine.
Also, Naval Ravikant.